December 06, 2011

Bella and the Mini-Pie's



Warm strawberry mini-pie with vanilla ice cream


I purchased my BELLA mini-pie maker online through Macy's. I can't pass up a sale so I bought the Cake Pop maker as well. I'll demo that at another time. My sweet tooth can only take so much sugary goodness at one time!!

The pie maker was very easy to use! Just plug in and wait for the appliance to heat up, when the light turns green (approx 10 minutes) you are good to go.

The products I used were pretty basic: (no product pics at this time)

pie crusts from the refridgerated section of your grocery store

any filling you would like - I  used a strawberry pie filling.

flour, to keep the pastry shell from sticking to my hands, rolling pin and flat surface.

When I uncurled the pastry shell, i used my floured rolling pin to stretch it out a bit. The BELLA pie maker came with a round cut-out which made it very easy for me. The larger side was for the bottom, the smaller side was for the top. EASY!



Once I had my bottom rounds, I placed them in the heated pie maker. Don't burn yourself! BELLA also enclosed this handy-dandy pie mold that helps push the shell into the appliance. Again, EASY!




Once the shells are in place, I added my filling. MMMMM, strawberries! It askes for about 1/3 cup per pie.



I even got fancy with my second set, just for kicks!



I closed the top and let it go to town on my pies, about 12 minutes. Aint she pretty?



This is me peeking in at about 9-10 minutes.




YUM! YUM! YUM!






No comments:

Post a Comment