March 16, 2012

Mocha Rum Brownies

Now I"m not a big brownie eater but I do love chocolate! And rum!! I ran across this recipe and and thought maybe the rum couls sell me on eating more brownies.... what do you think?? Check it out!


Mocha Rum Brownies

1 box brownie mix
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup brewed expresso or strong coffee
1/2 cup dark rum
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.

Combine all brownie ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased pan and bake 40-45 minutes. Let brownies cool completely. Cut into squares.

Mocha Rum Frosting
1 stick butter, melted
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp dark rum

Stir together butter and coca. In seperate bowl, beat confectioners sugar and milk in three alternating segments. Add milk mixture to the butter and cocoa mixture. Add vanilla and rum, stirring until smooth and creamy.

Top brownies with frosting. You can use raspberries or cherries on top of frosting! ENJOY!


 

1 comment:

  1. Okay I will take a dozen!

    nom nom nom

    hurry pleaz I m hungreee now!

    ReplyDelete