October 25, 2010

Cinnamon Tostada


  • 2 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
  • 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted

 

  1. Place tortillas on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dividing evenly, spread butter on one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
  2. Broil until sugar is golden brown and has melted, 1 to 2 minutes. (Tortillas will puff under broiler and become flat again once taken out.)
  3. Cut each tortilla into wedges.

So I tried my hand at making some cinnamon tostadas from memory. My first run was meh...crunchy, dry and the brown sugar just sat on top clumped like dust bunnies. Sooooooo, I ditched those and tried again. Hey, when a 5 year old refuses a sweet treat something has gone terribly wrong!



"crunchy, dry...dust bunnies"

Take 2! I found my recipe and decided to follow the directions. I was, however, liberal with the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. :-) I made four tostadas and POOF! they disappeared rather quickly. Yeah for second chances!!


No comments:

Post a Comment