November 03, 2011

Halloween Cookies!

So I had to answer the call of the spooky season and bake some down right chilling cookies. LOL! This was actually more detailed than I expected though still yummy for this mummy's tummy. All I needed was a tub of cokie dough, yeah, a tub..... and I was off baking!

Needed:
tub (or tube) of cookie dough
flour - for my hands
Jolly Rancher candies
parchment paper

Preheat oven as per directions. I patted out a dough ball one at a time, then pressed them onto the parchmdent paper. NOTE: I did this ON the cookie sheet I found it much easier to just cut away the excess dough from the cookie and leaving the actual cookie ON the baking sheet. Trust me, it will you time and an aching back.... :-) I did some detailing by cleaning up the edges around the skull and in the eyes before they went into the oven.

Pull cookies out a few minutes before they are completely done. WARNING: The cookies puffed up and skulls looked like they had a bad case of water retention in the face. :-o When I pulled them from the oven I STILL had to cut the eyes out. Otherwise, they had closed up faster than a boxers eye on the end of Pacquiao's gloved fist.

For the candied coloered eyes: I used my coffee grinder and ground down a few of the cherry red Jolly Ranchers into a powder form. Once I had cut open the eyes, I spooned some of the powedered JR into each eye socket. Place sheet back into the oven to finish baking.


Let them sit on the parchment paper for a few minutes as the candied eyes will not have hardened as yet. Don't want to pop out any eyeballs do you??

I added some sprinkles afterwards though they just look dirty now. I still ate them. I used green apple Jolly Ranchers for the pumpkins eyes. :-)


Can't go wrong with all of this on hand!!


Purchased from Target...they get all my money :-/

making eyes....


creepy...... !!!!


not bad for my first (and only) bone-headed batch


they all have the POX!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment