August 17, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

My son told me I made the best enchiladas last night so you know this one is a winner! I must say that I would add extra cheese when I am melting the monteray and cream cheese in the skillet but I do like my dishes to be super cheesy. Check it out!

What you need:

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 (4oz) can diced green chile peppers, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (8oz) box cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 cups monterey jack shredded cheese
1 cup heavy cream
8 flour tortillas


1. Boil chicken breasts in saucepan for about 20 minutes. Once done, remove from saucepan and set aside to cool down. Once they have cooled, shred chicken.

2. Preheat oven 375.



3. In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add green chilis and garlic. Saute and stir for few minutes, then add cream cheese and 1 cup monterey jack cheese. (If you want this to be really cheesy, add more cheese!)



4. As cheese begins to melt, slowly stir in the water. Follow with the shredded chicken. Mix everything well!


5. Spoon the mixture into the tortillas; roll up and place seam side down in a rectangular baking dish.Sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) of monterey jack cheese, then pour heavy cream over top.




6. Bake approx 30 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment