November 01, 2010

Happy Monday!

Welp, I survived another weekend! I got in two housewarming parties on Saturday. Lovely homes and kitchens to-die-for!! As for my lil ole rinky dink kitchen, I did manage to create some fun concoctions...

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Friday evening I roasted some pumpkin seeds. Big E gutted a pumpkin for me and then was off to carve a frightful face. I rinsed off the seeds and spread them onto a foil covered cookie sheet. I added a little water and then heavily sprinkled salt over top. I baked at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. I wanted them crunchy but not overdone.





Vanilla Milkshakes
Sunday was a pretty nice day! Sun was out shining, kids were out playing basketball and riding thier bikes. After some playtime, Lil Man and I decided to have a vanilla milkshake. MMmmMMmm, milkshakes...
I used 1/2 cup milk, lots-o Breyers vanilla ice cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Put it all in my blender and mixed it for about 10 seconds.


Add a straw for fun!


SWAMP JUICE

Now I did try one other drink for especially for Halloween. It's called Swamp Juice. Yeah, I know, not the most refreshing sounding drink BUT...check it out.

I used some seltzer, lemonade and some tapioca pearls. I garnished with a red gummy fish in the drink and a gummy worm wrapped around a crazy straw. Oh, the mug is a jelly jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment